Here is what they plan to reduce Climate Change:
- The development of effective early warning systems.
- The development plans that identify competence and the guide answered during the events in danger.
- Contingency planning for the worst case scenario.
- The development of risk maps to help guide development in areas of low risk and prevent development in high-risk areas.
- Regional planning maintains that natural features such as wetlands, which reduce the frequency and severity of hazards.
- The identification of safe areas accessible by members of the community during the events of risk, such as community \ "cooling centers' for vulnerable people during heat stress waves heat.
- The maintenance of an emergency fund to facilitate recovery.
- Climate change will also result in the emergence of new risks with which we have limited experience in Canada. Risks exist will also become more widespread affecting areas previously not.
- Faced with these new risks will result in:
I nvestment in our health systems so that they are ready for emerging health threats associated with climate change.
- Integration of climate change projections in the development of infrastructure, building codes and hazard mapping.
- Strengthening systems for predicting risk.
This must be done to increase our preparedness to climate change. To strengthen our adaptability we need to know how different regions and sectors of the economy are vulnerable to climate change, how they are vulnerable, and why. Climate Change is here, lets do something about it!.
Excepts from TRISTAN P,.JAMES F.